J.R. Ewing getting a funeral on new "Dallas"
This publicity image released by TNT shows Larry Hagman as J.R. Ewing, left, and Patrick Duffy as Bobby Ewing in a scene from "Dallas." / Zade Rosenthal
J.R. Ewing will get a proper send-off with a funeral on the new version of the television series "Dallas."
TNT begins the second season of its "Dallas" revival next month. The network said Tuesday that it will hold a funeral for Larry Hagman's memorable character at some point in the 15-episode season, but that it hasn't been filmed or scheduled yet.
Larry Hagman 1931-2012
Hagman died at age 81 over the Thanksgiving weekend, due to complications of cancer.
TNT spokeswoman Erin Felentzer says the network isn't saying how Ewing will be killed off in the series. Hagman kept working until soon before his death, and will appear in several of the new season's episodes.
Hagman's character is a television icon dating back to the "Who Shot J.R.?" episodes in the 1980s.
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Brad Pitt surprises fans at "World War Z" screening
- Michelle Obama's prom photo revealed on "Ellen"
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer
- Amanda Seyfried talks filming Seth MacFarlane's new Western Play Video
- CBS picks up "Bad Teacher" series for 2013-2014 season
- Something old, new, borrowed and...zombie 9 Photos
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards