"The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" premieres in New York
Actor Martin Freeman, filmmaker Peter Jackson and actors Elijah Wood and Andy Serkis attend "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" premiere on Dec. 6, 2012, in New York. / Getty
"The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" premiered in New York Thursday night at the Ziegfeld Theater.
"The Hobbit" premieres in New York
The film's director, Peter Jackson, and cast members Elijah Wood, Ian McKellen, Martin Freeman and Richard Armitage all attended the premiere, which benefited the American Film Institute.
Actors Liv Tyler, Cody Horn, Chevy Chase and Patrick Stewart were also in attendance.
"The Hobbit: An Unexpecter Journey" Bibo Baggins' (Freeman) journey to the Lonely Mountain to reclaim the treasure that was stolen from him and a group of Dwarves by the dragon Smaug.
The film is scheduled to be released Dec. 14.
Popular in Entertainment
- Brad Pitt surprises fans at "World War Z" screening
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer
- CBS picks up "Bad Teacher" series for 2013-2014 season
- Paul McCartney writes in support of Pussy Riot
- "The Hangover III": Critics aren't drunk with excitement
- Michelle Obama's prom photo revealed on "Ellen"
- How to tie a bow tie Play Video
- "Now You See Me" cast talks magic at N.Y. premiere