Katt Williams a no-show at arraignment hearing
Katt Williams arrives at the Comedy Central Roast of Flavor Flav on July 22, 2007, in Burbank, Calif. / Getty
Comedian Katt Williams didn't show up at an arraignment hearing in Seattle to face assault charges stemming from several run-ins with people and police last weekend.
Williams' attorney, Thomas McAllister, told the judge Thursday that his client was under the impression that he didn't have to attend the hearing, citing information from a Seattle Times article. McAllister says Williams is back in California.
The Times reports that the judge rescheduled the hearing for next week.
Authorities say Williams struck a man over the head with a microphone while performing Friday night, threw chairs at fans, and threatened a bar manager with a pool cue over the weekend.
Authorities say officers had to restrain Williams before he was taken into custody after the bar incident.
Earlier this week, Williams announced his "retirement," saying he was "kinda done."
A couple of days later, his management team issued the following statement to TMZ: "Katt is definitely NOT retiring. He will be moving forward with the tour."
Popular in Entertainment
- James Gandolfini dead at 51
- James Gandolfini: 1961-2013 21 Photos
- Watch: Miley Cyrus' trippy "We Can't Stop" music video
- Johnny Depp falls off horse on film set Play Video
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice" 145 Comments
- James Franco blasts "Spider-Man" reboot
- Paula Deen says she used slur but doesn't tolerate hate
- Stars pay tribute to James Gandolfini