Brooke Burke-Charvet recovering after thyroid cancer surgery
Actress Brooke Burke-Charvet arrives at Operation Smile's 30th Anniversary Smile Gala at the Beverly Hilton Hotel on Sept. 28, 2012, in Beverly Hills, Calif. / Kevin Winter/Getty Images
Brooke Burke-Charvet says she's in recovery after undergoing thyroid cancer surgery on Wednesday.
The "Dancing With the Stars" co-host took to Twitter to let her fans know how she's doing.
I'm resting, recovering. Surgery went well. Dr Adashek is a genius.Thx Dr! Feels like I got hit my a car :(— Brooke Burke-Charvet (@brookeburke) December 6, 2012
Burke-Charvet also said that she didn't lose her voice, which was one of her fears about the surgery.
Thank God it's over. I'm clean, surgery went well & I can talk. Losing My voice was my biggest fear. Thx for all your prayers & light.— Brooke Burke-Charvet (@brookeburke) December 6, 2012
Before her surgery Burke-Charvet posted a picture of herself in a hospital gown with the caption, "last looks at my neck. Here we go..."
The 41-year-old opened up about her cancer diagnosis last month in a video posted on MondernMom.com.
Popular in Entertainment
- Cannes Film Festival 2013 46 Photos
- Taylor Swift dominates Billboard Music Awards
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- "American Idol" winner announced
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance
- Friends pay tribute to George Jones at funeral
- "Survivor: Caramoan" crowns a winner