Gary Sinise, Trombone Shorty to ride in Orpheus
Actor Gary Sinise arrives at the TCA Party for CBS, The CW and Showtime held at The Pagoda on Aug. 3, 2011, in Beverly Hills, Calif. / Frazer Harrison/Getty
Actor Gary Sinise and New Orleans musicians Troy "Trombone Shorty" Andrews and Harry Connick Jr. will lead the parade of the Krewe of Orpheus on the evening of Lundi Gras, the day before Fat Tuesday. They also will perform at the glitzy ball that follows.
The celebrity riders were announced Thursday at Mardi Gras World, where many Carnival floats are built.
Mardi Gras celebrity kings
Orpheus marks its 20th anniversary when it parades Feb. 11.
The krewe was co-founded in 1993 by Connick and Sonny Borey, the krewe's captain. It has about 1,200 members and is known for attracting celebrities.
Connick will perform an original song he wrote for the anniversary, called "Smokey Mary Boogie Woogie Choo Choo." The song will be on Connick's upcoming album of Carnival music.
The Krew of Orpheus isn't the only parade in town. There's also the celebrity-friendly Krewe of Bacchus and other parades come Mardis Gras.
Popular in Entertainment
- "Seinfeld": Where are they now? 15 Photos
- Weddings around the world 16 Photos
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- "American Idol" winner announced
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance
- Runaway mom tells Dr. Phil: "They're better off without me"
- Obama to host concert honoring Carole King