Rihanna to executive produce, star in "Styled to Rock"
Rihanna arrives for her "Unapologetic" record release fan meet and greet at Best Buy Theater on Nov. 20, 2012, in New York. / Getty
Rihanna is getting into the reality TV business.
The 24-year-old singer will executive produce and star in the new Style Network series "Styled to Rock," set to air next year. Style Media made the announcement Wednesday.
The 10-episode series will give 12 up-and-coming designers, chosen by Rihanna, an opportunity to style A-list stars.
"Fashion has always played an integral part in my life and career," the Grammy winner said in a statement. "I am so excited to partner with Style Network and share my creative insight with these 12 designers and give them this opportunity to showcase their work."
The show's weekly celebrity guest will decide which designer did the best job. One contestant will be sent home, and those remaining will advance to the next week's challenge. At the end, one aspiring designer will be named the winner. Prizes are still being determined.
A casting search is under way on Style's website.
Popular in Entertainment
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Cannes Film Festival 2013 50 Photos
- Billboard Music Awards 2013 39 Photos
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies
- "Mad Men" recap: 10 best moments
- "Star Wars" animated series coming 2014
- Taylor Swift dominates Billboard Music Awards