Reese Witherspoon honored by March of Dimes
Reese Witherspoon attends An Evening with Reese Witherspoon hosted by the Gene Siskel Film Center on June 23, 2012, in Chicago. / Timothy Hiatt/Getty Images
Reese Witherspoon, who gave birth to her third child in September, is being honored by March of Dimes for being a model celebrity parent.
The 36-year-old Oscar winner will receive the organization's Grace Kelly Award at its Celebration of Babies event Friday at the Beverly Hills Hotel. The award recognizes celebrity parents committed to healthy pregnancies and families.
Witherspoon gave birth to a son, Tennessee, with her husband, talent agent Jim Toth, in September. She's also mom to Ava, 13, and Deacon, 8, from her previous marriage to actor Ryan Phillippe.
"I was very lucky to have a healthy delivery and leave the hospital with a healthy full term infant, but so many families in this country do not get that experience," she said, adding that she hopes her involvement with March of Dimes calls attention to its efforts to prevent birth defects, premature birth and infant mortality.
The March of Dimes seventh annual celebrity luncheon will host star parents Susan and Robert Downey Jr., Brooke Shields and Chris Henchy, Elizabeth Banks and Max Handelman, and Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon. Cannon will serve as master of ceremonies for the private event.
The March of Dimes is also inducting new celebrity parents into its Stork Club. Members include Amanda Anka and Jason Bateman, Drew Barrymore and Will Koppelman, and Megan Fox and Brian Austin Green.
Popular in Entertainment
- Kate wears sunny yellow for palace garden party
- New "Dancing with the Stars" champion announced
- Bono and Olivia Wilde join Matt Damon's "toilet strike"
- "Dancing with the Stars" season 16 finale 21 Photos
- "The Voice" pays tribute to Oklahoma tornado victims
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Watch: Jennifer Aniston has awkward "Friends" reunion
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage