Eddie Murphy tops Forbes' Most Overpaid Actors list
Honoree Eddie Murphy speaks onstage at Spike TV's "Eddie Murphy: One Night Only" at the Saban Theatre on Nov. 3, 2012, in Beverly Hills, Calif. / Christopher Polk/Getty Images
Eddie Murphy has been trying to make a comeback for the past couple of years, but his latest films were somewhat flops at the box office.
The string of low performing films has placed him at the top of Forbes' Most Overpaid Actors list for 2012.
"Eddie Murphy: One Night Only" tribute
The 51-year-old actor's films "Imagine That," "A Thousand Words," "Meet Dave" and "Tower Heist" all struggled at the box office.
According to Forbes, for every $1 Murphy earned from his last three films, they returned on average $2.30 at the box office.
Behind Murphy on the list is Katherine Heigl. For every $1 she earned from her last three films, they returned on average $3.40.
Forbes used data from its Celebrity 100 list and box office earnings and budget information from Box Office Mojo. The magazine looked at the actors' last three films that opened in more than 2,000 theaters.
Popular in Entertainment
- "Seinfeld": Where are they now? 15 Photos
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- Weddings around the world 16 Photos
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance
- Obama to host concert honoring Carole King
- Runaway mom tells Dr. Phil: "They're better off without me"
- "American Idol" winner announced