Hugh Hefner and "runaway bride" Crystal Harris obtain marriage license again
Hugh Hefner and Crystal Harris / Alberto E. Rodriguez
LOS ANGELES Hugh Hefner and Crystal Harris are again taking steps toward the altar, more than a year after the centerfold canceled their previous engagement and was branded a "runaway bride" in Playboy.
Playmate Crystal Harris: Hef's New Fiance
The couple obtained a marriage license Tuesday at a courthouse in Beverly Hills.
Harris called off the couple's previous engagement in June 2011, prompting Playboy to affix "runaway bride" stickers to an issue introducing her as Mrs. Hefner.
Celebrity website TMZ first reported the couple's license. It says they reunited earlier this year and plan to wed on New Year's Eve.
LA County Recorder Public Information Officer Elizabeth Knox says the license is valid for 90 days.
The Playboy founder has been married twice before. His spokeswoman Teri Thomerson didn't immediately return a message Tuesday.
Popular in Entertainment
- Kate wears sunny yellow for palace garden party
- "Dancing with the Stars" season 16 finale 21 Photos
- CBS picks up "Bad Teacher" to series for 2013-2014 season
- Watch: Jennifer Aniston has awkward "Friends" reunion
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Green, Aguilera will be back on "The Voice"
- Bono and Olivia Wilde join Matt Damon's "toilet strike"
- Beatles' lyrics headed for British Library