Michael Richards cast in TV Land sitcom pilot "Giant Baby"
Actor Michael Richards attends the TV Land holiday premiere party for "Hot in Cleveland" & "The Exes" at SD26 on Nov. 29, 2011, in New York. / Jamie McCarthy/Getty
"Seinfeld" star Michael Richards has been cast in a TV Land pilot for a prospective new sitcom, the network said Tuesday.
The series, "Giant Baby," also would feature fellow "Cheers" alums Kirstie Alley and Rhea Perlman.
"Giant Baby" focuses on Maddie Banks (Alley), a Broadway star who finds her life turned upside down when the son she gave up for adoption turns up looking to connect with her. Richards plays Banks' limo driver, while Perlman plays her assistant.
TV Land said the pilot will be taped next week.
This would be Richards' first regular series role since his short-lived eponymous NBC sitcom aired in 2000. Before that, he played Jerry Seinfeld's kookie neighbor Cosmo Kramer on the wildly popular "Seinfeld" series.
In the meantime, Richards performed as a standup comedian. He lost his temper while being heckled at a club in 2006 and was caught on tape shouting the N-word. He later apologized.
Popular in Entertainment
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer
- Brad Pitt surprises fans at "World War Z" screening
- "The Hangover III": Critics aren't drunk with excitement
- CBS picks up "Bad Teacher" series for 2013-2014 season
- "Now You See Me" cast talks magic at N.Y. premiere
- Watch: Jennifer Aniston has awkward "Friends" reunion
- Paul McCartney writes in support of Pussy Riot
- How to tie a bow tie Play Video