Michael Richards cast in TV Land sitcom pilot "Giant Baby"
Actor Michael Richards attends the TV Land holiday premiere party for "Hot in Cleveland" & "The Exes" at SD26 on Nov. 29, 2011, in New York. / Jamie McCarthy/Getty
"Seinfeld" star Michael Richards has been cast in a TV Land pilot for a prospective new sitcom, the network said Tuesday.
The series, "Giant Baby," also would feature fellow "Cheers" alums Kirstie Alley and Rhea Perlman.
"Giant Baby" focuses on Maddie Banks (Alley), a Broadway star who finds her life turned upside down when the son she gave up for adoption turns up looking to connect with her. Richards plays Banks' limo driver, while Perlman plays her assistant.
TV Land said the pilot will be taped next week.
This would be Richards' first regular series role since his short-lived eponymous NBC sitcom aired in 2000. Before that, he played Jerry Seinfeld's kookie neighbor Cosmo Kramer on the wildly popular "Seinfeld" series.
In the meantime, Richards performed as a standup comedian. He lost his temper while being heckled at a club in 2006 and was caught on tape shouting the N-word. He later apologized.
Popular in Entertainment
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Cannes Film Festival 2013 50 Photos
- Billboard Music Awards 2013 39 Photos
- Taylor Swift dominates Billboard Music Awards
- "Star Trek Into Darkness" wins weekend box office
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- "American Idol" winner announced
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance