Kim Kardshian visit sparks protests in Bahrain
Kim Kardashian poses with Kuwaiti business man Ehab al-Aradi,left, during the opening of a branch of the American franchise "Millions of Milkshakes" at the Avenues Mall in Kuwait City on Nov. 29, 2012. / YASSER AL-ZAYYAT/AFP/Getty Images
Kim Kardashian, who was in Bahrain to open her Millions of Milkshakes shop, was greeted by Islamic protesters denouncing her presence in the Gulf kingdom.
An Associated Press journalist saw protesters chanting "God is Great" near the shopping complex in Riffa, some 12 miles south of the capital Manama. The demonstrators were cleared before Kardashian appeared late Saturday.
Earlier, Kardashian posted glowing remarks about Bahrain on her Twitter account, calling it "the prettiest place on earth." It was re-Tweeted by Bahrain's foreign minister.
Kardashian was in Kuwait earlier this week to open another branch of the shop.
Popular in Entertainment
- "Seinfeld": Where are they now? 15 Photos
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- Denmark's de Forest wins Eurovision song contest
- "American Idol" winner announced
- "Survivor: Caramoan" crowns a winner
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance
- Friends pay tribute to George Jones at funeral