"Big Bang Theory" star Mayim Bialik files for divorce in L.A.
Mayim Bialik attends the 64th primetime Emmy Awards Reception on Sept. 21, 2012, in West Hollywood, Calif. / Getty Images
"Big Bang Theory" star Mayim Bialik filed for divorce from her husband of nine years on the same day she announced the couple's split in a blog post, according to court records.
She cited irreconcilable differences with husband Michael Stone in the documents filed Nov. 21 in Los Angeles.
Bialik rose to fame as the star of the TV show "Blossom," and currently stars in the CBS comedy "Big Bang Theory."
She has been a proponent of "attachment parenting" and the former couple have two sons together, ages 7 and 4. Bialik has said their parenting style was not a factor in the divorce and she is seeking joint custody of the children.
The 36-year-old wrote in her post last week that the divorce is "terribly sad, painful and incomprehensible" for children.
Popular in Entertainment
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- At last: "Arrested" is reborn Sunday on Netflix
- "DWTS": Champion Melissa Rycroft picks a winner
- "DWTS": Finalists compete for mirror ball trophy