Michael Jackson's father suffers mild stroke
Joe Jackson leaves the Los Angeles Superior Court after doctor Conrad Murray's second court appearance on an involuntary manslaughter charge relating to the death of Michael Jackson, in downtown Los Angeles on April 5, 2010. / MARK RALSTON/AFP/Getty Images
LAS VEGAS A spokeswoman for Michael Jackson's father says the musical family's patriarch has suffered a mild stroke.
Angel Howansky says Joe Jackson went to a Las Vegas hospital late Wednesday night when he had trouble standing up and walking. She says the 83-year old Jackson was having pains in his head but reports he is feeling fine Thursday and should be released on Friday.
She says he called a friend who drove him to the hospital.
- Jermaine Jackson petitions to change last name to Jacksun
- Michael Jackson's children step out for energy drink event
Jackson's wife, Katherine, is reportedly on her way to Las Vegas to be with him. Jackson has maintained a residence there for many years while his wife lives in Los Angeles, where she cares for the late pop star's children.
Howansky says Jackson has had small strokes at least twice before this.
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Amanda Bynes charged in NYC in accused bong toss
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Snooki: N.J. Gov. Christie "just doesn't like us"
- "Arrested Development" returns: Will you binge-watch?
- Stone Temple Pilots sue its former singer