Royal debut for Valentino exhibit in London
From left, Princess Eugenie, Duchess Sarah Ferguson and Princess Beatrice arrive for the "Valentino: Master of Couture" party on Nov. 28, 2012, in London. / AP
A party marking the opening of the exhibit "Valentino: Master of Couture" at Somerset House in London on Wednesday night was heavy in royalty.
Among the guests was Duchess Sarah Ferguson and her daughters, Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie, Princess Rosario of Bulgaria and Crown Princess Marie Chantal and Princess Maria Olympia of Greece.
Marie Chantal wore Valentino at her 1995 wedding and the wedding dress is among the more than 130 hand-crafted designs in the exhibit, which runs through March 3, 2013. Ferguson is the ex-wife of Queen Elizabeth II's son Prince Andrew, and her daughters are the queen's grandchildren.
Among the other guests, many of them dressed in Valentino outfits, were Alexa Chung, Olivia Palermo, and burlesque artist Dita Von Teese, Vogue reports.
Popular in Entertainment
- New "Dancing with the Stars" champion announced
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- "DWTS": Champion Melissa Rycroft picks a winner
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- Top wedding dress trends: "Gatsby" glamour and more
- "DWTS": Finalists compete for mirror ball trophy