Meryl Streep lends support to Christopher Reeve Foundation
Meryl Streep speaks at the Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation's "A Magical Evening Gala" at Cipriani Wall Street on Nov. 28, 2012, in New York. / Getty
Oscar-winning actress Meryl Streep was the speaker at the annual benefit gala for the Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation Wednesday night at Cipriani Wall Street in New York.
The actress, who was dressed in black slacks and a black tunic, is a supporter of the foundation, which seeks treatments and cures for paralysis and looks for ways to improve the quality of life for those with disabilities.
The annual "A Magical Evening Gala" helps raise money for the foundation. The event's hosts were Matthew Reeve and Alexandra Reeve Givens, children of the organization's founder.
"Superman" actor Christopher Reeve, who was paralyzed in a horse-riding accident, started the organization with his wife, Dana. Reeve was 52 when he died in October 2004. Dana, then 42, continued his work with the foundation until she was diagnosed with lung cancer eight months later. She died in March of 2006.
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Snooki: N.J. Gov. Christie "just doesn't like us"
- Stone Temple Pilots sue its former singer
- Colin Farrell talks "Epic" new role Play Video
- "Arrested Development" returns: Will you binge-watch?