Kelsey Grammer's rep denies actor's daughter left airport without riding in car seat
Actor Kelsey Grammer and wife Kayte Walsh arrive at the 69th Annual Golden Globe Awards held at the Beverly Hilton Hotel on Jan. 15, 2012, in Beverly Hills, Calif. / Jason Merritt/Getty
Kelsey Grammer's infant daughter is in the news once again -- this time, because of video showing 4-month-old Faith riding in a car without a car seat.
The couple was photographed and videotaped getting into a car at Los Angeles' LAX airport on Wednesday and driving away with Grammer's wife, Kayte, seen holding the baby in her lap instead of in a car seat, as is required by California law.
But a rep for the actor, 57, says that Faith was indeed properly strapped in when the car departed the airport.
"I am not an attorney, so I cannot commit on any legal aspect. I just know that the original footage that aired strongly implied that they left the airport without a car seat, which was not the case," Grammer's rep, Stan Rosenfield, told E! News.
"In an attempt to avoid the paparazzi, they exited through the upper level," Rosenfield added. "Kelsey went back in and got the car seat and met them at the car. Did the car drive a few yards without the car seat? Yes. At no time does the video show them leaving the airport with the baby not in the car seat."
The car-seat controversy comes a month after Grammer defended the couple's decision to bring their daughter to a party at the Playboy mansion, saying they took her because they did not have a babysitter.
Popular in Entertainment
- Brad Pitt surprises fans at "World War Z" screening
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer
- CBS picks up "Bad Teacher" series for 2013-2014 season
- Michelle Obama's prom photo revealed on "Ellen"
- How to tie a bow tie Play Video
- Jewel opens up about portraying June Carter Cash
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards