Title, release date announced for Amanda Knox book
Amanda Knox's upcoming memoir has a title, a cover design and a new publication date.
HarperCollins announced Wednesday the book is titled "Waiting to be Heard." It will come out April 30, two months later than originally scheduled. The date was changed out of deference to a court in Italy that scheduled a March 25 hearing for the prosecution's appeal of the former exchange student's acquittal in the 2007 murder of her British roommate.
The 25-year-old Knox returned to her native Seattle last year after spending four years in a jail in Perugia, Italy. Her ordeal made international headlines. Her book deal was announced in February and reportedly was worth $4 million.
Amanda Knox personal photos
The cover features a close-up of an intense, unsmiling Knox. The picture was taken earlier this year.
Also earlier this year, Raffaele Sollecito, Knox's Italian boyfriend at the time who was also convicted, published a book titled "Honor Bound, My Journey to Hell and Back With Amanda Knox."
Popular in Entertainment
- "Seinfeld": Where are they now? 15 Photos
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- Weddings around the world 16 Photos
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance
- Obama to host concert honoring Carole King
- Runaway mom tells Dr. Phil: "They're better off without me"
- "American Idol" winner announced