Mike O'Malley's "Certainty" premieres in L.A.
Actress Kate Walsh and actor Mike O'Malley at the premiere of "Certainty" at The Hill on Nov. 27, 2012, in Beverly Hills, Calif. / Frazer Harrison/Getty Images
"Certainty," a film written by former "Yes, Dear" star Mike O'Malley, premiered in Los Angeles Tuesday night.
"Certainty" premieres in LA
O'Malley, who is a staff writer on the Showtime series "Shameless" and an actor, wrote the screenplay based on a play he wrote called "Searching for Certainty" about a young engaged couple on a Catholic "Engagement Encounter," a requirement if you want to get married in a Catholic church. While on the retreat, things between the couple fall apart.
The film, directed by Peter Askin, stars up-an-coming actors in addition to Giancarlo Esposito of "Breaking Bad" and "Rhoda" star Valerie Harper.
A host of stars came out to the premiere including Kate Walsh, Matthew Morrison, "Mike & Molly's" Billy Gardell and others.
Popular in Entertainment
- "Seinfeld": Where are they now? 15 Photos
- Weddings around the world 16 Photos
- "American Idol" winner announced
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- "The Big Bang Theory": Expect a cliffhanger in finale
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- Runaway mom tells Dr. Phil: "They're better off without me"
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance