Dick Clark to be celebrated on "New Year's Rockin' Eve"
Dick Clark broadcasts during New Year's festivities from Times Square in New York on Dec. 31, 1996. / AP
ABC is turning its first New Year's Eve without Dick Clark in four decades partly into a celebration of the showbiz impresario's life.Complete Coverage: Holidays 2012
Clark, who originated the annual "New Year's Rockin' Eve" special in 1971, died at age 82 in April.
Dick Clark: 1929-2012
Fergie and Jenny McCarthy will be hosts of a two-hour tribute to Clark that will air on New Year's Eve, starting at 8 p.m. ET.
ABC said Wednesday that Ryan Seacrest will host the countdown show from Times Square starting at 10 p.m. ET, with Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jepsen, Neon Trees, Flo Rida and Pitbull among the musical guests. Seacrest hosted the past few years with Clark making short appearances. A stroke had diminished Clark's communications skills.
Al Green, Helen Reddy and Three Dog Night performed at Clark's first New Year's special.
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Brad Pitt surprises fans at "World War Z" screening
- CBS picks up "Bad Teacher" series for 2013-2014 season
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer
- Michelle Obama's prom photo revealed on "Ellen"
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- How to tie a bow tie Play Video
- Amanda Seyfried talks filming Seth MacFarlane's new Western Play Video