Backstreet Boy A.J. McLean is a father
A.J. McLean (R) and Rochelle DeAnna Karidis arrive at the premiere of Columbia Pictures' "The Amazing Spider-Man" at the Regency Village Theatre on June 28, 2012 in Westwood, Calif. / Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty Images
A.J. McLean is a father.
The Backstreet Boy and his wife, Rochelle, welcomed a daughter on Tuesday in Los Angeles.
McLean, 34, announced the baby news on his website: "Rochelle and I are thrilled to announce the birth of our baby...Ava Jaymes McLean. She arrived at 4:51 a.m. weighing 7 lbs., 7 oz. We are so in love with our bundle of joy and happy to have started our family now."
The stork club
Before his daughter was born, McLean posted a video updating fans on her pending arrival. "No baby yet, we're still waiting," McLean said. "Ava's being a real stubborn little girl...just like her dad."
Ava Jaymes is the couple's first child together.
The couple tied the knot last December in Los Angeles. A couple of days after the wedding, fellow Backstreet Boys member Howie Dorough told CBSNews.com he was still recovering from the his buddy's nuptials. "It was unbelievable and crazy," he said.
McLean proposed to Rochelle, a makeup artist, in January 2010 during a concert in Las Vegas.
The members of the Backstreet Boys recently told MTV News that they're working on a new album, due out in 2013. They also plan to launch a world tour.
Popular in Entertainment
- Music critics believe in Kanye West's "Yeezus"
- Kim Kardashian on baby's arrival: "So crazy!"
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice"
- Streisand slams treatment of women in Israel 350 Comments
- Chappelle to return with comedy tour
- Justin Bieber behind wheel as car hits man in Hollywood
- "Bachelorette": Desiree lets two lukewarm lovers go
- "Monsters University" premieres in Hollywood 20 Photos