Casey Anthony movie to debut in January
Casey Anthony, right, leaves with her attorney Jose Baez from the Booking and Release Center at the Orange County Jail after she was acquitted of murdering her daughter Caylee Anthony on July 17, 2011, in Orlando, Fla. / Red Huber-Pool/Getty Images
"Prosecuting Casey Anthony," the made-for-TV movie starring Rob Lowe, is set to debut in January on Lifetime.
"Prosecuting Casey Anthony" is based on prosecutor Jeff Ashton's book, "Imperfect Justice."
Lowe plays Ashton and the story is told through his point of view, with Anthony herself as a relatively minor character. Elizabeth Mitchell, of "Lost," plays prosecutor Linda Drane Burdick. Oscar Nunez, of "The Office," plays defense attorney Jose Baez.
Ashton left the State Attorney's Office after the case but then unseated his former boss in an election this past summer. Ashton will take office Jan. 8.
Anthony was arrested in 2008 and charged in the death of her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee. She was acquitted of murder in summer 2010.
The movie will air on Jan. 19, at 8 p.m. ET.
Popular in Entertainment
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice" 130 Comments
- Selma Blair abruptly exits "Anger Management"
- Kim Kardashian on baby's arrival: "So crazy!"
- Johnny Depp falls off horse on film set Play Video
- "The Voice" finale recap: Season 4 crowns a winner
- Johnny Depp on "unpleasant" split with Vanessa Paradis
- Palace sheds some light on Kate's baby plans
- Listen: John Mayer's new single "Paper Doll"