Man accused of stealing Tim Allen's 1996 Chevrolet Impala SS
NASHVILLE, TN - NOVEMBER 01: Actor Tim Allen attends the 46th annual CMA Awards at the Bridgestone Arena on November 1, 2012 in Nashville, Tennessee. (Photo by Jason Kempin/Getty Images) / Jason Kempin
A 34-year-old man suspected of stealing a custom car belonging to "Last Man Standing" star Tim Allen is awaiting extradition to California.
Denver police spokesman Sonny Jackson said Monday that Faustino Ibarra, arrested Saturday in Denver, is being held without bond while awaiting extradition to California after his arrest on Saturday.
In a jailhouse interview with KDVR-TV, Ibarra claimed the comic actor adopted him years ago and that Allen had left the door to his garage open along with the keys.
Jackson said there is no evidence of any adoption.
Police confirmed that the customized 1996 Chevrolet Impala SS belonged to the "Home Improvement" and "The Santa Clause" actor but said it hadn't yet been reported stolen when it turned up in Denver.
Allen's publicist Marleah Leslie said she wouldn't comment because it's a police matter.
The 59-year-old actor, who plays Mike Baxter on the ABC sitcom "Last Man Standing," also provides the voice for Buzz Lightyear in the "Toy Story" movies.
Popular in Entertainment
- New "Dancing with the Stars" champion announced
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- "The Voice" pays tribute to Oklahoma tornado victims
- "DWTS": Champion Melissa Rycroft picks a winner
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage
- "Dancing with the Stars" season 16 finale 21 Photos
- Top wedding dress trends: "Gatsby" glamour and more