Kevin Clash, ex-Elmo puppeteer, faces third sex abuse claim
Puppeteer Kevin Clash speaks during the "Independent Lens - Being Elmo: A Puppeteer's Journey" panel during the PBS portion of the 2011 Summer TCA Tour held at the Beverly Hilton Hotel on July 31, 2011, in Beverly Hills, Calif./ Frederick M. Brown/Getty Images
A Florida man has sued Kevin Clash, the former Elmo puppeteer who resigned amid a sex scandal, claiming the voice actor met him in New York after trolling gay telephone chat lines seeking underage boys for sex.
The lawsuit seeking unspecified damages was filed in Manhattan federal court Tuesday by a man who remains anonymous.
- Elmo left behind on "Sesame Street" as actor exits
- Kevin Clash, Elmo puppeteer, resigns from "Sesame Street"
Attorney for third Kevin Clash accuser files suit
The man says he met Kevin Clash on a chat line in 2000, when he was 16 years old and exploring modeling opportunities in New York.
The lawsuit says Clash had numerous Elmo dolls in his apartment when he met the teen for sex. The man, now 29, is the third to make claims against Clash, who resigned from "Sesame Street" last week after 28 years.
A spokeswoman says Clash "believes this lawsuit has no merit."
Popular in Entertainment
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- "DWTS": Champion Melissa Rycroft picks a winner
- New "Dancing with the Stars" champion announced
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- "DWTS": Finalists compete for mirror ball trophy
- "The Voice" to feature tribute to tornado victims