Brad Pitt on wedding: "The time is nigh"
Actor Brad Pitt and actress Angelina Jolie arrive at the 84th Annual Academy Awards held at the Hollywood & Highland Center on Feb. 26, 2012, in Hollywood, Calif. / Jason Merritt/Getty Images
Wedding bells could be ringing soon for Brad Pitt and Angeline Jolie.
The couple announced their engagement in April after seven years of dating, and Pitt said Monday that they could exchange vows soon.
"Killing Them Softly" gets NY screening
"The time is nigh," Pitt, 48, said at the premiere of his new movie, "Killing Them Softly," in New York, according to People. "It's soon. I got a good feeling about it."
"I am getting more pressure from my kids, and it is something I want to do within their lifetime, but I also feel like the time has come," he said.
Pitt added, "We've had a family, we've raised the kids. I am surprised how much [marriage] meant to me once you had that."
Pitt, and Jolie, 37, have six children together: Maddox, 11, Pax, 8, Zahara, 7, Shiloh, 6, and twins Knox and Vivienne, who are 4 years old.
Aside from wedding planning, Pitt and Jolie have been busy with new projects. Pitt has been shooting "World War Z" in London. He's also attached to "Twelve Years a Slave" and "The Counselor."
Jolie will star in "Maleficent," due out in 2014.
Popular in Entertainment
- New "Dancing with the Stars" champion announced
- Bono and Olivia Wilde join Matt Damon's "toilet strike"
- "The Voice" pays tribute to Oklahoma tornado victims
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- "Dancing with the Stars" season 16 finale 21 Photos
- "DWTS": Champion Melissa Rycroft picks a winner
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers