Ex- "Melrose Place" actress guilty in fatal crash
Former "Melrose Place" star Amy Locane-Bovenizer has been convicted of vehicular homicide in New Jersey.
The Star-Ledger of Newark reports the panel on Tuesday also acquitted Locane-Bovenizer of a more serious charge, aggravated manslaughter, in the 2010 accident that killed a 60-year-old woman.
Somerset County prosecutors said Locane-Bovenizer's blood-alcohol level was nearly three times the legal limit when the crash occurred on a dark two-lane road in Montgomery Township.
The defense conceded she was driving under the influence. But her lawyer claimed a woman was chasing her after an earlier accident, forcing her to speed.
The actress appeared in 13 episodes of TV's "Melrose Place" and in movies including "Cry-Baby," "School Ties" and "Secretary."
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Amanda Bynes charged in NYC in accused bong toss
- Something old, new, borrowed and...zombie 9 Photos
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Snooki: N.J. Gov. Christie "just doesn't like us"
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer
- Michelle Obama's prom photo revealed on "Ellen"