Lindsay Lohan reportedly "devastated" over "Liz & Dick" reviews
Actress Lindsay Lohan arrives at Mr. Pink Ginseng Drink Launch Party on Oct. 11, 2012, in Beverly Hills, Calif. / Valerie Macon/Getty Images
Lindsay Lohan is reportedly "devastated" over the harsh reviews her Lifetime movie "Liz & Dick" received.
The film, which was supposed to be the 26-year-old's comeback after legal troubles, was panned by most critics.
"Liz & Dick" premiere
"Lindsay is devastated by the response to the film," a "close friend" of the actress told The Huffington Post. "She has got used to all the negative press around her personal life but this is the first time she has experienced it about her work."
The Hollywood Reporter called Lohan "woeful" as Elizabeth Taylor. THR also called the film "an instant classic of unintentional hilarity," saying "drinking games were made for movies like this."
The New York Times said Lohan was "sleepwalking through scenes that call for passion and caprice."
The source told the Huffington Post that Lohan felt she could bring something to the role of Taylor, even though she thought the script was weak.
"This is particularly heartbreaking as her acting was the only thing in her life that she knew was real. Now she is doubting that, too," the source told the Huffington Post.
Popular in Entertainment
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer
- "The Hangover III": Critics aren't drunk with excitement
- CBS picks up "Bad Teacher" series for 2013-2014 season
- "Now You See Me" cast talks magic at N.Y. premiere
- Watch: Jennifer Aniston has awkward "Friends" reunion
- Kate wears sunny yellow for palace garden party
- Paul McCartney writes in support of Pussy Riot
- How to tie a bow tie Play Video