Hall of Famer Nolan Ryan gets cookbook deal
Texas Rangers CEO & President Nolan Ryan speaks at a press conference after Game Two of the American League Championship Series at Rangers Ballpark in Arlington was postponed by inclement weather on Oct. 9, 2011. / Kevork Djansezian
Hall of Famer Nolan Ryan is compiling dozens of his favorite recipes for a cookbook due out in the spring.
The game's all-time strikeout king and longtime Texas rancher's book "The Nolan Ryan Beef Cookbook" is scheduled for May 2014 publication, Little, Brown and Co. announced Monday.
The 65-year-old Ryan also plans to work in a few baseball stories, from his years of pitching for the New York Mets, California Angels and other teams as well as from his current job as CEO and president of the Texas Rangers. His previous books include the memoirs "Miracle Man" and "Throwing Heat."
Popular in Entertainment
- James Gandolfini dead at 51
- Watch: Miley Cyrus' trippy "We Can't Stop" music video
- James Gandolfini: 1961-2013 21 Photos
- Johnny Depp falls off horse on film set Play Video
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice" 144 Comments
- Palace sheds some light on Kate's baby plans
- Watch: New "Anchorman 2" trailer
- James Franco blasts "Spider-Man" reboot