Beyonce getting "personal" in HBO documentary
Beyonce accepts the award for best female R&B artist at the BET Awards on Sunday, July 1, 2012, in Los Angeles. / Matt Sayles/Invision/AP
Beyonce will be the subject of a new documentary set to premiere next year on HBO.
The network announced Monday that the documentary about the Grammy-winning singer will debut on Feb. 16, 2013. Beyonce is directing the film, which will include footage she shot herself with her laptop.
HBO said the documentary will include "video that provides raw, unprecedented access to the private entertainment icon and high-voltage performances." It will also feature home videos of her family and of the singer as a new mother and owner of her company, Parkwood Entertainment.
Beyonce said in a statement the untitled project was "so personal" to her. She is married to Jay-Z. They welcomed their first child, daughter Blue Ivy Carter, in January.
The 31-year-old will perform at the 2013 Super Bowl halftime show on Feb. 3, 13 days before the documentary airs.
Popular in Entertainment
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer
- CBS picks up "Bad Teacher" series for 2013-2014 season
- Watch: Jennifer Aniston has awkward "Friends" reunion
- "Dancing with the Stars" season 16 finale 21 Photos
- Kate wears sunny yellow for palace garden party
- "Now You See Me" cast talks magic at N.Y. premiere
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Beatles' lyrics headed for British Library