Jake Owen and wife welcome baby girl
Jake Owen and Lacey Buchanan pose backstage at the 47th Annual Academy Of Country Music Awards on April 1, 2012, in Las Vegas. / Getty
Jake Owen is a dad.
The country singer and his wife, Lacey Buchanan Owen, welcomed a baby girl on Thursday in Nashville, Tenn.
He shared the news on Twitter:
Today is the greatest day of my life. Welcome Olive Pearl Owen. 6lbs 3 ozTurkey Baby!!! Happy Thanksgiving twitter.com/jakeowen/statu...— Jake Owen (@jakeowen) November 23, 2012
Owen also released the following statement to People: "Lacey and I are so excited to start our own family. We are looking forward to teaching Pearl everything we learned from our parents and also learning from her."
The stork club
Owen is scheduled to play two shows at Chicago's House of Blues on Nov. 29 and 30.
Popular in Entertainment
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies
- "DWTS": Champion Melissa Rycroft picks a winner
- At last: "Arrested" is reborn Sunday on Netflix
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- "DWTS": Finalists compete for mirror ball trophy