Honey Boo Boo turned into a trash-art masterpiece
Honey Boo Boo portrait. / Jason Mecier
Child reality star Honey Boo Boo has been transformed into a trash masterpiece.
Mosaic artist Jason Mecier, has created a "junk portrait" depicting the 7-year-old former beauty pageant queen (whose real name is Alana Thompson), using 25 pounds of trash, recycled materials and found objects. Mecier, who's a big fan of the show "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo," says the work took more than 50 hours to make.
A closer look at the colorful art piece reveals that Mecier used tiaras, cans of hairspray, a digital camera, Cortaid, a dismembered Cabbage Patch doll and Good & Plenty candies, among other items.
The San Francisco-based artist filmed himself creating the portrait. Check it out below:
Popular in Entertainment
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 109 Comments
- Cannes Film Festival 2013 50 Photos
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies
- Billboard Music Awards 2013 39 Photos
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- Runaway mom begs for kids' forgiveness on Dr. Phil
- CBS takes "Mike & Molly" tornado-themed finale off air
- First look: Jennifer Lawrence in "X-Men: Days of Future Past"