Kylie Minogue, One Direction attend Royal Variety Performance
Queen Elizabeth II, left, greets Kylie Minogue, right, after the Royal Variety Performance at the Royal Albert Hall in London on Nov. 19, 2012. / Getty
The Royal Variety Performance celebrated its 100th anniversary on Monday night, with a performance from British boy band One Direction.
Queen attends Royal Variety Performance 2012
The group - Niall Horan, Zayn Malik, Liam Payne, Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson - sang their No. 1 single "Little Things" off of their album "Take Me Home." They were not the only stars present at the event. Kylie Minogue, Alicia Keys, Neil Diamond and Andrea Bocelli were also in attendance, reports the BBC.
Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh shook the hands of the performers off stage. Styles took to Twitter to express his excitement.
Today, I met The Queen.— Harry Styles (@Harry_Styles) November 20, 2012
The sold-out show is set to be broadcast in the U.K. on Dec. 3. The first Royal Variety Performance was held in 1912.
Popular in Entertainment
- James Gandolfini dead at 51
- James Gandolfini: 1961-2013 21 Photos
- Watch: Miley Cyrus' trippy "We Can't Stop" music video
- Stars pay tribute to James Gandolfini
- Paula Deen says she used slur but doesn't tolerate hate
- Johnny Depp falls off horse on film set Play Video
- James Franco blasts "Spider-Man" reboot
- This Is James Gandolfini, He's Not Tony