Dave Grohl to give keynote speech at SXSW
Dave Grohl and Foo Fighters perform at the Global Citizen Festival in Central Park on Sept. 29, 2012, in New York. / AP
Dave Grohl will be delivering the keynote speech at the 2013 South By Southwest Music Conference in Austin, Texas.
The Foo Fighters frontman has been keeping busy despite taking a break from the band. In addition to SXSW, he is working on his Sound City documentary and new Queens of the Stone Age material with Josh Homme. Both projects are expected next year.
Grohl announced earlier this fall that his Grammy-winning Foo Fighters had no immediate plans to record or tour and that his immediate focus was Sound City, his documentary about the famed Los Angeles studio.
Popular in Entertainment
- "Seinfeld": Where are they now? 15 Photos
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- Weddings around the world 16 Photos
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance
- Obama to host concert honoring Carole King
- Runaway mom tells Dr. Phil: "They're better off without me"
- "American Idol" winner announced