Whitney Houston remembered in star-studded TV tribute
Whitney Houston attends the 37th annual American Music Awards in Los Angeles on Nov. 22, 2009. / AP
Whitney Houston will be remembered Friday in a CBS TV special featuring Britney Spears, Jennifer Hudson and Halle Berry, among other stars.
Whitney Houston tribute concert
Taped last month at Nokia Theatre L.A. Live, the one-hour program will feature artists paying homage to the six-time Grammy winner with performances and speeches.
Actress Taraji P Henson, Usher, Celine Dion, LL Cool J, CeCe Winans and Yolanda Adams are among the others honoring the late singer.
"We Will Always Love You" will showcase highlights of Houston's career, including her Grammy wins, her classic performance of the national anthem at Super Bowl XXV in 1991 and her first-ever television appearance on "The Merv Griffin Show" in the early '80s.
Stars honor Whitney Houston at gala
To coincide with the special, a new best-of collection came out this week, featuring a never-before-released track.
"We Will Always Love You: A Grammy Salute to Whitney Houston," will air Friday at 10 p.m. ET on CBS.
Houston died in February at age 48 of accidental drowning in connection with drug use and heart disease.
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Snooki: N.J. Gov. Christie "just doesn't like us"
- Stone Temple Pilots sue its former singer
- Colin Farrell talks "Epic" new role Play Video
- "Arrested Development" returns: Will you binge-watch?