"The X Factor" results: Double elmination
From left, Khloe Kardashian Odom, Lyric145 and Mario Lopez on "The X Factor." / FOX
"The X Factor" eliminated two acts this week to play catch-up after the judges decided to bring back Diamond White, and the shows co-hosts Mario Lopez and Khloe Kardashian Odom wasted no time getting to the results. (Spoiler Alert)
"The X Factor" Season 2
Lyric 145, Simon Cowell's hip-hop trio, was the first group to be sent home. The group performed Queen's "We Will Rock You," a song choice that left both L.A. Reid and Britney Spears disappointed on Wednesday night's live episode.
Jennel Garcia and Paige Thomas from Demi Lovato's Young Adults group were the other contestants with the lowest votes, but the two were given a chance to have a sing-off to stay in the competition.
Garcia sang Hoobastank's "The Reason" and Thomas sang Coldplay's "Paradise." Reid and Spears sided with Garcia, as well as Lovato, but in a twist Simon decided Garcia should go home.
"I'm just happy that I've come so far," Garcia said before she thanked her mentor Lovato.
The results show featured a performance by Taylor Swift, who sang "State of Grace" from her new album Red.
Now, only ten contestants remain on "The X Factor," below see the complete standings of the contestants this week.
1. Tate Stevens
2. Carly Rose Sonenclar
3. Vino Alan
5. CeCe Frey
6. Fifth Harmony
7. Diamond White
8. Beatrice Miller
9. Arin Ray
10. Paige Thomas
Popular in Entertainment
- Music critics believe in Kanye West's "Yeezus"
- Kim Kardashian on baby's arrival: "So crazy!"
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice"
- Streisand slams treatment of women in Israel 349 Comments
- Chappelle to return with comedy tour
- Justin Bieber behind wheel as car hits man in Hollywood
- "Bachelorette": Desiree lets two lukewarm lovers go
- Kris Jenner: Kim Kardashian is "thrilled" about baby