"Journey" leads Spike Video Game Awards nominees
Samuel L. Jackson, Spike TV Video Game Awards. / Spike TV
The artsy downloadable game "Journey" leads the pack of nominees for this year's Spike Video Game Awards.
The PlayStation 3 game received seven nods in such categories as best graphics, independent game, original score and game of the year.
Other game of the year nominees are "Assassin's Creed III," "Dishonored," "Mass Effect 3" and "The Walking Dead: The Game."
The nominees in the best shooter category are "Borderlands 2," "Call of Duty: Black Ops II," "Halo 4" and "Max Payne 3."
The best action adventure game nominees are "Assassin's Creed III," "Darksiders II," "Dishonored" and "Sleeping Dogs."
The 10th annual ceremony on Dec. 7 will be hosted by Samuel L. Jackson and broadcast live on Spike.
The show will feature debut footage from such upcoming games as "The Last of Us" and "Gears of War: Judgment," as well as musical performances by Linkin Park and Tenacious D.
Go here for more information on the nominees.
Popular in Entertainment
- "Seinfeld": Where are they now? 15 Photos
- Weddings around the world 16 Photos
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance
- "The Big Bang Theory": Expect a cliffhanger in finale
- "American Idol" winner announced
- Obama to host concert honoring Carole King