Elizabeth Banks welcomes second son
Elizabeth Banks and Max Handelman arrive at the Los Angeles premiere of "Pitch Perfect" on Sept. 24, 2012, in Hollywood, Calif. / Getty
It's another boy for Elizabeth Banks.
"The Hunger Games" actress announced on her website Wednesday that she and husband Max Handelman recently welcomed their second son, Magnus Mitchell Handelman.
The stork club
She also shared the news on Twitter, declaring, "Thanksgiving comes early!"
The baby boy joins older brother Felix, who was born in March 2011.
"Like Felix, Magnus was born via gestational surrogate," Banks, 38, wrote. "This experience has exceeded all expectations, taught us a great deal about generosity and gratitude, and established a relationship that will last a lifetime. I am also so very thankful to our family and friends for their support throughout this process, as well as the Center for Surrogate Parenting for helping make all this possible."
She added, "I now turn my attention to managing two boys under two. For which I am thankful. And all their poop. For which I am less thankful. Wish me luck."
Popular in Entertainment
- Cannes Film Festival 2013 40 Photos
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- "American Idol" winner announced
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance
- Denmark's de Forest wins Eurovision song contest
- Friends pay tribute to George Jones at funeral
- "The Big Bang Theory": Expect a cliffhanger in finale