Elizabeth Banks welcomes second son
Elizabeth Banks and Max Handelman arrive at the Los Angeles premiere of "Pitch Perfect" on Sept. 24, 2012, in Hollywood, Calif. / Getty
It's another boy for Elizabeth Banks.
"The Hunger Games" actress announced on her website Wednesday that she and husband Max Handelman recently welcomed their second son, Magnus Mitchell Handelman.
The stork club
She also shared the news on Twitter, declaring, "Thanksgiving comes early!"
The baby boy joins older brother Felix, who was born in March 2011.
"Like Felix, Magnus was born via gestational surrogate," Banks, 38, wrote. "This experience has exceeded all expectations, taught us a great deal about generosity and gratitude, and established a relationship that will last a lifetime. I am also so very thankful to our family and friends for their support throughout this process, as well as the Center for Surrogate Parenting for helping make all this possible."
She added, "I now turn my attention to managing two boys under two. For which I am thankful. And all their poop. For which I am less thankful. Wish me luck."
Popular in Entertainment
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- "DWTS": Champion Melissa Rycroft picks a winner
- New "Dancing with the Stars" champion announced
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- "DWTS": Finalists compete for mirror ball trophy
- "The Voice" to feature tribute to tornado victims