CFDA and Vogue honor promising designers at annual dinner
NEW YORK, NY - NOVEMBER 13: Lazaro Hernandez, , Liya Kebede, Jack McCollough and Liv Tyler attend The Ninth Annual CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Awards at 548 West 22nd Street on November 13, 2012 in New York City. (Photo by Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images) / Dimitrios Kambouris
CFDA and Vogue hosted its ninth annual Fashion Fund dinner, which awards promising designers with money and mentoring.
This year's winners included Greg Chait for his knitwear-based collection, The Elder Statesman, Tabitha Simmons for her footwear and Jennifer Meyer, actor Tobey Maguire's wife, for her jewelry collection.
Chait, the big winner of the night, was awarded $300,000, and Simmons and Meyer each received $100,000, reports the Daily Beast.
CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Awards
The Fashion Fund was founded after the September 11 terrorist attacks to help the fashion industry rebound.
Burberry's creative director Christopher Bailey was the night's keynote speaker and he told his story of breaking into the industry.
Many celebrities were attended the event, including Emma Stone, Christina Ricci, Liv Tyler and Dakota Fanning.
Popular in Entertainment
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 109 Comments
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies
- Billboard Music Awards 2013 39 Photos
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- CBS takes "Mike & Molly" tornado-themed finale off air
- Runaway mom begs for kids' forgiveness on Dr. Phil
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage
- Toby Keith: Moore, Oklahoma "will persevere"