Brandon T. Jackson cast in "Beverly Hills Cop" pilot
Brandon T. Jackson arrives at Spike TV's "Eddie Murphy: One Night Only" at the Saban Theatre on Nov. 3, 2012, in Beverly Hills, Calif. / Getty
Actor Brandon T. Jackson has been cast to portray Eddie Murphy's son in the CBS "Beverly Hills Cop" TV pilot.
Jackson, a comedian whose film credits include "Tropic Thunder" and "Tooth Fairy," will play Aaron Foley in the upcoming project in development for fall 2013.
The pilot will follow in the footsteps of Murphy's successful film franchise. According to Entertainment Weekly, the official description explains: "A continuation of the iconic Beverly Hills Cop universe as Axel Foley's blue-collar police officer son, Aaron, helps take down the criminal elements of the rich and famous, while simultaneously trying to escape the shadow of his larger than life father."
Murphy, who will also serve as executive producer, has teamed Sony Pictures and "The Shield" creator Shawn Ryan for the potential series.
"Eddie Murphy: One Night Only" tribute
Jackson has also appeared in "Big Mommas: Like Father, Like Son," "Thunderstruck" and "Lottery Ticket."
Murphy, meanwhile, was recently honored at a Spike TV special featuring Jackson, Stevie Wonder, Jamie Foxx and Adam Sandler, among others.
Popular in Entertainment
- "Seinfeld": Where are they now? 15 Photos
- Weddings around the world 16 Photos
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance
- "The Big Bang Theory": Expect a cliffhanger in finale
- "American Idol" winner announced
- Friends pay tribute to George Jones at funeral