Joe Biden meets with Bono at White House
Vice President Joe Biden meets with U2 frontman Bono at the White House on Nov. 13, 2012, in Washington. / White House Photo/David Lienemann
Vice President Joe Biden met with U2 frontman Bono to discuss global development, AIDS and efforts to fight poverty, the White House said Tuesday.
The singer and activist, 52, has been a leading advocate for Africa, drawing attention to issues ranging from poverty and hunger to AIDS.
The vice president's office tweeted a photo from the meeting, which took place in his West Wing office.
Spokesman Jay Carney joked that Bono and Jim Messina -- President Barack Obama's campaign manager -- were forming a new band. Messina also visited the White House on Tuesday.
Carney said Mr. Obama did not meet with Bono.
Popular in Entertainment
- "Seinfeld": Where are they now? 15 Photos
- Weddings around the world 16 Photos
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance
- "The Big Bang Theory": Expect a cliffhanger in finale
- "American Idol" winner announced
- Obama to host concert honoring Carole King