Joe Biden meets with Bono at White House
Vice President Joe Biden meets with U2 frontman Bono at the White House on Nov. 13, 2012, in Washington. / White House Photo/David Lienemann
Vice President Joe Biden met with U2 frontman Bono to discuss global development, AIDS and efforts to fight poverty, the White House said Tuesday.
The singer and activist, 52, has been a leading advocate for Africa, drawing attention to issues ranging from poverty and hunger to AIDS.
The vice president's office tweeted a photo from the meeting, which took place in his West Wing office.
Spokesman Jay Carney joked that Bono and Jim Messina -- President Barack Obama's campaign manager -- were forming a new band. Messina also visited the White House on Tuesday.
Carney said Mr. Obama did not meet with Bono.
Popular in Entertainment
- Streisand slams treatment of women in Israel 355 Comments
- Music critics believe in Kanye West's "Yeezus"
- Kim Kardashian on baby's arrival: "So crazy!"
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice"
- Chappelle to return with comedy tour
- Justin Bieber behind wheel as car hits man in Hollywood
- Nigella Lawson's husband cautioned by cops over assault
- Kris Jenner: Kim Kardashian is "thrilled" about baby