Bradley Cooper, Robert De Niro attend "Silver Linings Playbook" premiere
Actors Bradley Cooper and Robert De Niro and director David O. Russell attend the premiere of "Silver Linings Playbook" on Nov. 12, 2012, in New York. / Getty
"Silver Linings Playbook," starring Bradley Cooper, Jennifer Lawrence and Robert De Niro, had its premiere Monday night in New York.
Cooper and Lawrence were on hand for the event, which benefited the Tribeca Film Institute. Others in attendance included Julia Stiles, Chris Tucker, Oliver Platt, Howard Stern, singer Vanessa Carlton and director David O. Russell.
Lawrence attended a special screening of the film on Sunday, but was not at Monday's premiere because she had to fly back to Atlanta to continue filming "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire," according to New York magazine's Vulture blog. The 22-year-old donned a black Christian Dior suit with a thick ribbon choker while promoting the film alongside Russell over the weekend.
"Silver Linings Playbook" premieres in New York
"Silver Linings Playbook" stars Cooper as a former teacher who moves back in with his parents after a stint in a mental institution and finds a kindred spirit in a young widow played by Lawrence.
It debuted at the Toronto Film Festival earlier this fall, where it earned the festival's audience award.
The film will be released in theaters on Nov. 21.
Popular in Entertainment
- Music critics believe in Kanye West's "Yeezus"
- Streisand slams treatment of women in Israel
- Kim Kardashian on baby's arrival: "So crazy!"
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice"
- Chappelle to return with comedy tour
- Justin Bieber behind wheel as car hits man in Hollywood
- "The Voice": Top three sing for the win
- Kris Jenner: Kim Kardashian is "thrilled" about baby