"Nashville" gets full-season order from ABC
Connie Britton and Charles Esten in a scene from "Nashville." / ABC
"Nashville" has something new to sing about -- a full-season order from ABC.
The network has decided to pick up the Wednesday-night drama, starring Connie Britton and Hayden Panettiere ("Heroes") as rival country singers, for a full season.
"Nashville" debuted last month as one of the best-reviewed new shows of the fall season. It has recently seen an uptick in its ratings, TVLine notes, bringing in 6 million viewers and a 2.0 rating last week.
There's no word yet on the network's fellow freshman dramas "666 Park Avenue" and "Last Resort." New sitcom "Malibu Country" and the sophomore "Last Man Standing" recently received orders for three scripts each, Deadline reports.
In October, ABC gave full-season orders to its freshman comedy "The Neighbors" and sophomore drama "Scandal."
Popular in Entertainment
- Cannes Film Festival 2013 46 Photos
- Taylor Swift dominates Billboard Music Awards
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- "American Idol" winner announced
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance
- "Survivor: Caramoan" crowns a winner
- Friends pay tribute to George Jones at funeral