JoAnna Garcia and Nick Swisher expecting first child
JoAnna Garcia and Nick Swisher attend the "Gossip Girl" 100 episode celebration on Nov. 19, 2011, in New York. / Getty
Actress JoAnna Garcia and her husband, New York Yankees player Nick Swisher, are expecting their first child.
The 31-year-old Swisher made the announcement on his Facebook page Monday.
"We are expecting a little Swisher in the spring of 2013! Words can't describe how blessed we feel to be expanding our family and are anxiously awaiting the arrival of our new addition," he wrote. "Your support and kindness has meant so much to us throughout the years and we wanted to personally share the news with you all."
Garcia, 33, who starred in NBC's "Animal Practice," also shared the news with her fans via Twitter:
So happy to finally be able to share our news! @nickswisher & I r expecting our 1st baby in 2013! Feeling so blessed & beyond excited!-- JoAnna Garcia (@JoAnnaLGarcia) November 12, 2012
The couple was married in December 2010.
Popular in Entertainment
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 110 Comments
- Cannes Film Festival 2013 50 Photos
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies
- Billboard Music Awards 2013 39 Photos
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- Green, Aguilera will be back on "The Voice"
- Runaway mom begs for kids' forgiveness on Dr. Phil
- First look: Jennifer Lawrence in "X-Men: Days of Future Past"