Justin Bieber, Kelly Clarkson to play 2012 AMAs
Justin Bieber performs at the Izod Center on Nov. 9, 2012, in East Rutherford, N.J. / Getty
Fresh from his split from Selena Gomez, Justin Bieber has been tapped to perform at the upcoming American Music Awards.
Also new to the AMA roster are Kelly Clarkson, Carly Rae Jepsen, Psy, The Wanted and Swizz Beatz, featuring Chris Brown and Ludacris.
AMA 2011 Red Carpet
They join an already star-studded bill that includes Carrie Underwood, Christina Aguilera, Ke$ha, Linkin Park, Nicki Minaj, No Doubt, Pink, Pitbull, Taylor Swift and Usher.
Minaj and Rihanna lead this year's nominees with four nods each. Drake, Justin Bieber, Maroon 5, One Direction and Usher are all up for three nominations each, while Carrie Underwood, Chris Brown, fun., Gotye, J. Cole, Katy Perry, Kelly Clarkson, Luke Bryan and Pitbull will be in the running for two awards each.
The artist of the year nominees are Drake, Bieber, Maroon 5, Perry and Rihanna.
Fans pick the winners by voting online.
The 40th American Music Awards will air live on Sunday from Los Angeles starting at 8 p.m. ET on ABC.
Return here on Sunday for complete coverage.
Popular in Entertainment
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 129 Comments
- "DWTS": Champion Melissa Rycroft picks a winner
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage
- New "Dancing with the Stars" champion announced
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- "DWTS": Finalists compete for mirror ball trophy
- "The Voice" to feature tribute to tornado victims