Lindsay Lohan bails on Barbara Walters interview
Lindsay Lohan attends the A&E Networks 2012 Upfront at Lincoln Center in New York on May 9, 2012. / AP
Lindsay Lohan won't be sitting down with Barbara Walters after all.
The actress was supposed to be interviewed for a "20/20" segment on ABC set to air on Nov. 16, but has since bowed out of the appearance.
"We are disappointed that Lindsay cancelled the interview and wish her well," a rep at ABC told TMZ.
Lohan was slated to promote her upcoming Lifetime movie, "Liz & Dick," but an insider told Deadline that her flack didn't like the direction ABC wanted to take in the interview.
Specifically, according to TMZ, Walters wanted to get personal with Lohan just as the veteran newswoman knows how. A source said the ABC journalist had planned to ask Lohan about recent allegations she lied to police involving her June car accident.
Lohan is said to be upset that her press folks at Rogers & Cowan canceled on Walters.
The 26-year-old actress portrays Elizabeth Taylor in "Liz & Dick," which premieres Nov. 25 at 9 p.m. ET.
See Lohan in a trailer for the film:
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Snooki: N.J. Gov. Christie "just doesn't like us"
- Stone Temple Pilots sue its former singer
- Colin Farrell talks "Epic" new role Play Video
- "Arrested Development" returns: Will you binge-watch?