NBC's "Chicago Fire" gets full-season order
The cast of "Chicago Fire." / NBC
"Chicago Fire," NBC's new drama, has been given a full-season order.
The show, which follows the men and women of the Chicago Fire Department and stars Taylor Kinney and Jesse Spencer, is the first drama of the season to beat its premiere rating, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The series premiere earned a 1.9 rating in the key demographic (adults 18-49) earned a 2.3 rating during its fourth episode, reports THR.
Its Nov. 7 episode also marked the first time it outpaced its direct competitor ABC's new drama "Nashville."
"We all love this thrilling new drama with its sexy breakout cast. We are excited to see it gaining traction on our schedule," said NBC Entertainment president Jennifer Salke, according to THR.
"Chicago Fire" airs Wednesdays at 10 p.m. ET on NBC.
Popular in Entertainment
- Music critics believe in Kanye West's "Yeezus"
- Kim Kardashian on baby's arrival: "So crazy!"
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice"
- Streisand slams treatment of women in Israel 348 Comments
- Chappelle to return with comedy tour
- Justin Bieber behind wheel as car hits man in Hollywood
- "The Voice": Top three sing for the win
- Kris Jenner: Kim Kardashian is "thrilled" about baby