Javier Bardem receives Hollywood Walk of Fame star
Javier Bardem is honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame held on Nov. 8, 2012, in Hollywood, Calif. / Getty
Javier Bardem received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on Thursday in front of the El Capitan Theatre.
- "Skyfall": Critics can't get enough of 007
- Watch: Daniel Craig on Bond after "Skyfall"
- Photos: "Skyfall" world premiere
"Skyfall" star Javier Bardem on playing Bond villain
The event helped to drum up buzz for the release of the new James Bond film, "Skyfall," which hit theaters Friday and features Bardem as villain Silva. The Oscar-winning actor was joined on Hollywood Boulevard by director Sam Mendes and his Bond castmates Naomie Harris and Berenice Marlohe.
Javier Bardem receives Hollywood star
According to E! News, while accepting the star, he said, "Javier Bardem Day. That's so cool. And what's that like? Does everyone have to walk with a broken nose around Hollywood Boulevard?" - referring to a bar brawl he got into a few years ago.
Mendes said that Bardem was "so embarrassed" to receive the honor.
Bardem received the best supporting actor Oscar in 2008 for his role in "No Country For Old Men." Next year, he'll appear in "The Counselor," alongside Brad Pitt, Cameron Diaz and Penelope Cruz.
Popular in Entertainment
- "Seinfeld": Where are they now? 15 Photos
- Weddings around the world 16 Photos
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance
- "The Big Bang Theory": Expect a cliffhanger in finale
- "American Idol" winner announced
- Denmark's de Forest wins Eurovision song contest