"DWTS's" Cheryl Burke in talks to be the next "Bachelorette"
Cheryl Burke arrives at Macy's Passport Presents: Glamorama on Sept. 7, 2012, in Los Angeles. / Valerie Macon/Getty Images
"Dancing With The Stars" pro Cheryl Burke could be the next "Bachelorette."
The dancer told E! News that she is in talks to star in the ABC reality series.
"I have met with the producers of 'The Bachelorette' and I also have met with ABC producers and developement executives, just to develop other shows," Burke told E! News. "I realizing that 'Dancing' won't be on air forever. I'm taking this opportunity now to develop shows. I met with different high-powered producers, companies and networks about possibly doing new shows, and 'The Bachelorette happened to be one of them."
Casting Burke as the new "Bachelorette" would be a different move for the show, which normally casts unknowns.
Burke told the site that nothing is official or confirmed.
Popular in Entertainment
- Kim Kardashian on baby's arrival: "So crazy!"
- Music critics believe in Kanye West's "Yeezus"
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice" 75 Comments
- Listen: John Mayer's new single "Paper Doll"
- "Bachelorette": Desiree lets two lukewarm lovers go
- Kris Jenner: Kim Kardashian is "thrilled" about baby
- Johnny Depp on "unpleasant" split with Vanessa Paradis
- Streisand slams treatment of women in Israel 352 Comments