Jermaine Jackson petitions to change last name to Jacksun
Jermaine Jackson promotes the new book "You Are Not Alone: Michael Through a Brother's Eyes" on Sept. 17, 2011, in Ridgewood, N.J. / Getty
Jermaine Jackson is looking to change his famous last name, court records show.
The older brother of Michael Jackson filed a petition Tuesday to change his last name to Jacksun for "artistic reasons."
A hearing on the petition is scheduled for Feb. 22 in Los Angeles.
Jackson's friend Steve Dennis says the singer, 57, isn't the first artist to change his name and says it's being done for the reasons stated in the court filing, but wouldn't elaborate.
Jackson has been touring with his brothers in recent months and has been promoting his book about his superstar brother titled "You Are Not Alone: Michael Through a Brother's Eyes."
Popular in Entertainment
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice" 112 Comments
- Kim Kardashian on baby's arrival: "So crazy!"
- Johnny Depp on "unpleasant" split with Vanessa Paradis
- "The Voice": Top three sing for the win
- Selma Blair abruptly exits "Anger Management"
- "The Voice" finale recap: Season 4 crowns a winner
- Music critics believe in Kanye West's "Yeezus"
- Listen: John Mayer's new single "Paper Doll"